The Municipality of Middlesex Centre is developing a 3-5 year 'Age Friendly Community Action Plan' to help guide the municipality in becoming a community that supports active, healthy, and engaged living for people through all life stages and abilities, and fosters civic, economic, and social participation. This project will focus on residents over the age of 55 and those with disabilities.
This project is funded by the Government of Ontario through the Inclusive Community Grants Program.
- Phase 1 - Research and Consultation (June to November 2021)
- Phase 2 - Action Plan Development (November 2021 to February 2022)
- Council consideration of final draft master plan (February 2022)
Have your Say
We would like to hear from you about how we can support an age-friendly community.
All opportunities for engagement will be shared with the community via our social media channels (Twitter and Facebook), on the website, in our e-newsletter and in the municipal page of the Middlesex Banner.
- Volunteer - We have established a Project Task Force that includes community volunteers. These volunteers will attend four project meetings, and provide your insights and guidance as the project progress.
- Survey - We are looking for your input on how we can build an age friend community. Please complete this short survey (survey closes October 17, 2021).
- Public Open House - Our first public open house for the project is set for October 4, 2021, at 6pm. This will be an online meeting. Please register in advance.
- Community Groups - We'll be reaching out directly to community groups, seniors groups, and other community stakeholders to gather their input into the plan. Please watch for emails.
- Please see project documents attached below.
- Middlesex Centre Strategic Plan
For questions about this project, contact Scott Mairs, Director of Community Services.
This page was first posted June 11, 2021.