Remembering former Mayor Al Edmondson
Mayor DeViet opened the meeting with remarks in honour of former Mayor Al Edmondson, who passed away on February 7, 2021.
New Ward 4 Councillor Appointed
Middlesex Centre Council was pleased to appoint Sue Cates as the new councillor for Ward 4, an area which includes the villages of Kilworth and Komoka.
Ms. Cates will be sworn in at the March 10 council meeting. She will serve for the remainder of the 2018-2022 term of council.
Please see media release.
- Council received the annual water and wastewater systems performance reports for 2020. The reports, prepared for the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks, showed Middlesex Centre’s systems to be operating soundly over the past year.
- Council received a summary of the planning applications in Middlesex Centre for last year. In total, 101 new applications were received in 2020, in addition to those in progress.
- As part of the agreement with the YMCA of Western Ontario in relation to the operation of the Komoka Wellness Centre, Middlesex Centre donates back a portion of any operational surplus revenue to the YMCA Strong Kids Program. Council received a report in regards to this donation for 2020, which amounts to $4,140. Both the YMCA’s operational surplus and the donation are lower than anticipated due to COVID-19 shut downs in 2020.
- Council approved the purchase of new asset management software in the amount of $19,963 for 2021, and an annual subscription fee of $12,846. This software will allow municipal staff to more easily keep asset information up-to-date, and to better track and manage assets.
- Council, sitting as the Committee of Adjustment, granted a minor variance for a property on Edgewater Blvd.
Next Council Meeting
The next Middlesex Centre Council Meeting is on Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 9:30 am. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be held virtually.
For More Information
You can view the full meeting on YouTube.