Mayor DeViet opened the meeting by wishing everyone a Happy New Year. The Mayor explained that members of council are once again attending meetings fully via Zoom in response to public health measures for the COVID-19 Omicron variant.
Sitting as the Court of Revision: Members of the Court of Revision received an update on an appeal regarding Bear Creek Municipal Drain Branches 6, 12 and 13 from Mike DeVos, a drainage engineer with Spriet Associates Ltd. Members considered the appeal and approved the schedule of assessment as presented on Nov. 15, 2021. A by-law will be considered by Council at a later date.
The meeting proceeded with an update on Economic Development and Tourism at the County of Middlesex by Cara Finn, Director of Economic Development and Tourism.
During the meeting, Council also:
- Received transition plans from each of the five conservation authorities that provide services in Middlesex Centre. These transition plans lay-out timelines for the conservation authorities to identify the appropriate delivery of programs and services, address budget and levy processes, and establish new Memoranda of Understanding, as required under changes to the Conservation Authorities Act.
- Received the December 2021 budget to actual report and the Q4 2021 COVID-19 financial impacts update.
- Approved the purchase of two replacement pick-up trucks for water/wastewater services. The cost for these trucks came in under the approved budget.
- Approved entering into a Municipal Access Agreement with Rogers Communications, which sets out terms, conditions, responsibilities and appropriate costing formula for their access to municipal roads and right-of-ways. This agreement is in response to a recent application by Rogers to add a significant amount of infrastructure in the Ilderton settlement area.
- Received an update on the status of the Middlesex Centre Official Plan Review and directed the consultants leading the review to complete the document and bring it back to Council at a future meeting.
- Heard a planning application with respect to property at 22447 Komoka Road. This matter was deferred pending the submission of further studies.
Next Council Meeting
The next Middlesex Centre Council Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, January 26, 2022, at 6:00pm. Meeting times are subject to change, so please confirm with the meeting agenda when posted.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, members of the public wishing to speak at the meeting will be asked to join virtually.