Council Grants for 2021
Each year, Middlesex Centre offers the Council Grants program, which provides funds or other forms of assistance, in limited amounts, to community groups and organizations that warrant municipal support. This program exists to recognize the value of these groups to the well-being and growth of the community and in helping the municipality to retain a strong community focus.
Community organizations are encouraged to apply for the grants. The application is available online all year round and closes November 30th of each year.
This year, Council approved funding under the grants program for:
- Ethan’s Garden – Memorial Native Garden Project ($2,000)
- Komoka Railway Museum – Site and Building Maintenance ($5,000)
- London & Middlesex Heritage Museum (Fanshawe Pioneer Village) – Heritage Farming Program ($2,500)
- Middlesex Centre Archives ($5,000)
- Optimist Club of Ilderton – Canada Flags ($600)
Ward 4 Council Vacancy
Council declared the office of the Ward 4 Council vacant due to the resignation of Councillor Derek Silva. The Municipal Clerk was directed to bring a report on options to fill the vacancy to the February 3, 2021 council meeting.
- Sitting as the Court of Revision under the Drainage Act: The Court of Revision approved the Schedule of Assessment for the Ettrick Municipal Drain.
- Council received the minutes from the November Community Services Advisory Committee meeting.
Next Council Meeting
The next Middlesex Centre Council Meeting is on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 6:00 pm. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be held virtually.
For More Information
You can view the full meeting on YouTube.