When you receive your property tax bill in early February, you'll notice that we’ve changed the due date for your first tax instalment, which is traditionally due in February, to March 31, 2021. This is in response to the stay-at-home order issued by the Province of Ontario in January.
You’ll also see a similar change to the due date of your February Middlesex Centre utility (water) bill.
- If you pay by Pre-Authorized Payment with monthly billing, funds will be withdrawn at your usual schedule.
- If you pay by Pre-Authorized Payment when your bill is due, your first payment will come out in March.
- Any prior outstanding balances on your property taxes and/or utility bill will continue to accrue interest.
Ways to Pay
During this time of COVID-19, we encourage you to consider alternatives to paying your bill in-person:
- Pre-Authorized Payment (PAP) Plan: We offer a PAP Plan to make it easier to pay your municipal tax and utility bills, and to help avoid late fees. There is no cost for this service.
- Internet and Telephone Banking: You can pay by using internet or telephone banking with your financial institution. When setting up to pay your property taxes, select Middlesex Centre Taxes as the payee and use the 19-digit roll number on your property tax bill. If you are paying through your bank or financial institution, allow three business days for the payment to go through.
- Mail: If you are paying by cheque (payable to Municipality of Middlesex Centre) via mail, allow sufficient time for delivery.
- Drop-Box at Municipal Office: Payment can be made via the drop box at the municipal office, beside the main door. Cheques only!
For options on how to receive and pay your Middlesex Centre tax and utility bills, please see our Billings & Payment page.
Questions? Please contact the office.