About the Project
Culverts C-147 and C-533 were identified by the Municipality of Middlesex Centre as candidates for replacement during regular biennial inspections in 2019. They are scheduled to be replaced in the summer of 2021.
- Culvert C-147 is located on Hyde Park Road, approximately 0.1 km south of Sixteen Mile Road (see map in Project Overview document, below).
- Culvert C-533 is located on New Ontario Road, approximately 0.5 km north of Hedley Drive (see map in Project Overview, document, below).
GM BluePlan has been selected as the prime consultant by the municipality to design and administer the replacement of both culverts.
Reason for the Project
The culverts were originally constructed in the mid-1940s and have reached the end of their expected service lives. Proactively replacing structures that have reached the end of their service lives is an essential part of maintaining a healthy public infrastructure system.
The culvert replacements are expected to:
- Provide a long-term solution to convey drainage underneath Hyde Park Road and New Ontario Road.
- Improve roadside safety conditions by providing increased shoulder widths at both culverts.
- Minimize impacts resulting from construction to neighbouring properties and members of the community.
- Restore the area to match or improve upon pre-construction conditions.
Schedule of Work
- Engineering / Planning - Spring 2021
- Tendering for Project - June of 2021
- Council Review and Award of the Design - Summer of 2021
- Construction and Restoration - Late summer through fall of 2021
- New Ontario Road Culvert (C-533): Tentative start date – early August 2021. Estimated completion – late September 2021.
- Hyde Park Road Culvert (C-147): Tentative start date – mid September 2021. Estimated completion – late October 2021.
- The roadway will be fully closed to all traffic at each construction site for the full duration of construction.
- July 23, 2021 - The attached Notice to Residents was mailed to those in the project area.
- June 14, 2021 - We are looking for community feedback or questions on the project prior to the start of construction. Please see the Project Overview document attached below. Questions/concerns should be directed to Andrew Giesen, Transportation Manager for Middlesex Centre.
- August 7, 2021 - Culvert replacement on New Ontario Rd. between Hedley Dr. and Charlton Dr. is expected to start on Tuesday, August 10 at 1pm. The road will be closed for approximately 6 weeks. Please see detour map below.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this project, we would like to hear from you. Please contact us!
- Middlesex Centre: Andrew Giesen, Transportation Manager
Thank-you for your patience and understanding while the municipality undertakes this important project to protect the functionality of our municipal roads system.
Notice first posted June 14, 2021