The tennis and pickleball courts at Douglas B. Weldon Park in Arva will be closed for three weeks in May and a week in August, to allow for court refinishing and the installation of new nets and posts.
Both tennis and pickleball court markings will be installed as part of the court resurfacing process.
This project was approved as part of the 2023 Middlesex Centre capital budget.
Note this schedule is subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen delays.
Phase One - April 27 to May 19
- Thursday April 27 – Close courts and remove nets
- Friday April 28 – Contractor to mobilize on site and grind/mill out existing cracking and make repairs to base surface
- Week of May 1 and May 8 – Contractor to install a new asphalt surface over the entire tennis court surface and build new accessible entrance way into courts
- Week of May 8 – Contractor to install new tennis net posts, nets, and new pickleball centre net anchors
- Week of May 15 – Staff to paint temporary tennis and pickleball lines onto new surface
- Week of May 15 – Contractor to install side fencing to enclose the courts
- Friday May 19 – Reopen courts to public use
Phase Two - August 21 to August 28
- Week of August 21 – Close courts for week to complete full court repainting and installation of Middlesex Centre logo (This is done later as asphalt needs to cure for 30-60 days before full court painting)
- Monday August 28 – Reopen courts for public use
Please visit an alternative court during the closure periods:
- Ilderton Optimist Deerhaven Park - 1 court, tennis and pickleball lines; multi-use basketball court also has pickleball lines (bring your own net)
- Denfield Park - 1 court, tennis lines only
- Komoka Park - 2 courts, tennis and pickleball lines
- Delaware Lions Park - 2 courts, tennis and pickleball lines
- Bryanston School Property - 1 court, tennis and pickleball lines and 2 courts, pickleball lines (bring your own net)
- Westbrook Park (Kilworth) - 2 courts, tennis and pickleball lines
- Poplar Hill Park - 1 court, pickleball lines (bring your own net)
For questions about this project please contact Justin Fidler, Operations Manager, Community Services, Middlesex Centre.