As with all things in this year of COVID-19, Halloween is going to look a little different in Middlesex Centre. That doesn't mean the fun needs to stop, rather it means taking simple precautions to ensure everyone has a safe experience.
Please take a few minutes to read the safety tips for trick-or-treating and handing out candy from the health unit and the Province:
- Middlesex London Health Unit - Celebrate Halloween Safely - Tips and Tricks
- Province of Ontario - How to Celebrate Halloween during COVID-19
(This page includes some printable posters to let trick-or-treaters know if your household is participating this year)
Don't forget the Normal Trick-or-Treating Safety Rules
Remember that normal trick-or-treating safety rules still apply. Those heading out should:
- Wear a properly fitted costume that is bright and non-flammable.
- Use face make-up or masks with large eye holes for better visibility. Remember that your costume mask does not replace a face mask.
- Visit the front door of well lit homes and never go inside.
- Have an adult check all treats before they are eaten.