NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
pursuant to Section 53 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, as amended
APPLICATION FOR CONSENT (B3-2020, B4-2020 and B5-2020)
- OWNER: Denfield Estates Inc. (B3-2020) Brecon Farms Limited (B4-2020) and Donna Layng (B5-2020)
- LOCATION: 12750 and 12777 Fifteen Mile Road, Denfield
- ROLL NO.: 393903409010102, 393903409010100, and 393903409013500
Purpose and Effect of the Application:
The Municipality is seeking input on development applications within 60 metres of your property. The applications are proposing to create the following:
- easement for access and maintenance of a stormwater drainage pipe in favour the lands owned by Denfield Estates Inc. over 12750 and 12777 Fifteen Mile Road;
- easements for access over future driveways being Parts 1 to 10 on the attached draft r-plan in favour of the individual future owners of the lots within the Denfield Estates Inc. lands (subdivision);
- easement for maintenance and use of Part 11 on the attached draft r-plan for overland storm drainage;
- establish two – ‘one foot’ reserves along the road to prohibit access; and
- recognizing the existing Lake Huron pipeline and easement with Part 13.
Description and Location of Subject Land
The subject lands include three properties owned by three separate owners. The three properties are located on the west side of Denfield Road. With one property being located on the south side of Fifteen Mile Road (12777 Fifteen Mile Road) and two properties north of Fifteen Mile Road (12750 Fifteen Mile Road and the plan of subdivision fronting on Denfield Road one property north of the corner and Fifteen Mile Road and Denfield Road). The lands are legally described as Concession 14 Part of Lot 29 and Concession 15 Part of Lot 29 (geographic Township of London), Municipality of Middlesex Centre.
Council will hold a public meeting to gather feedback regarding the consent application and to consider the proposal. The details are as follows:
- Date: January 22nd, 2020
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Place: Coldstream Community Centre at 10227 Ilderton Road in Coldstream
You are invited to attend the public meeting and to present verbal and written comments regarding this matter.
What if I can’t attend the future Public Meeting?
You can learn more about the proposed development by contacting the Municipal office, or by visiting the Municipality’s website at the below link. You may choose to submit comments via letter or email.
What can I expect at the Public Meeting?
The public meeting is an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the proposed development. Attendees have the opportunity to hear a brief presentation about the development, ask questions, and/or make statements either in favour of, or in opposition to the development.
The public meeting will take place at a Council meeting and the mayor will keep the meeting in order and allow the applicant (or their development team), the public, and Council to speak and ask questions.
Why is this Public Meeting being held and what are your rights?
Within Ontario, the planning and development process is open and transparent, where opinions from all individuals and groups are welcomed. By law, municipalities must hold a public meeting. This meeting is one of your chances to learn about the development proposal and offer your opinions.
Under the legislation governing this development process, which is Section 53 of the Planning Act, you have the following rights:
- Any persons may attend the public meeting and/or make written or verbal representation either in support of or in opposition to the proposed Consent Application.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Municipality before the Consent Application is approved or refused;
a. the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal,
b. the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
- If you wish to be notified of the decision of Council of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre on the proposed Consent Application, you must make a written request to the Planning Division of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at 10227 Ilderton Road, Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the planner. For more information about this matter, including information about appeal rights, contact the planner for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at 519-930-1007.
Other Planning Act Applications
- Subdivision Application: 39T-MC1203
- Zoning By-law Amendments: ZBA 128-2017 and ZBA 30-2019 (Hold Removal)
If you are aware of any persons affected by these applications who have not received a copy of this notice, it would be appreciated if you would so advise them.
DATED at the Municipality of Middlesex Centre this 7th day of January, 2020.
Municipality of Middlesex Centre
10227 Ilderton Road, RR 2
Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0