NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
pursuant to Section 53 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, as amended
APPLICATION FOR CONSENT (B-33/19)
- OWNER: David, Karen, and Stephen Donaldson
- LOCATION: 15246 Eight Mile Road
- ROLL NO.: 393903403012500
The Municipality is seeking input on a development application within 60 metres of your property. The purpose and effect of the Consent Application is to sever a surplus farm residence on a lot with a frontage of approximately 64 metres (210 feet) along Eight Mile Road and an area of approximately 4,877 square metres (1.2 acres) from a farm holding with a lot area of approximately 35 hectares (86.44 ac).
Description and Location of Subject Land
The subject property is located on the north side of Eight Mile Road and west of Highbury Ave N. The land is legally described as London Concession 8, South Part Lot 9 and RP 33R1545, Part 13 (geographic Township of London), Municipality of Middlesex Centre.
Council will hold a public meeting to consider the Consent Application:
- Date: Wednesday December 18th, 2019
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Place: Coldstream Community Centre at 10227 Ilderton Road in Coldstream
What if I can’t attend the future Public Meeting?
You can learn more about the proposed development by contacting the Municipal office, or by visiting the Municipality’s website at the below link. You may choose to submit comments via letter or email.
What can I expect at the Public Meeting?
The public meeting is an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the proposed development. Attendees have the opportunity to hear a brief presentation about the development, ask questions, and/or make statements either in favour of, or in opposition to the development.
The public meeting will take place at a Council meeting and the chair will keep the meeting in order and allow the applicant (or their development team), the public, and Council to speak and ask questions.
Why is this Public Meeting being held and what are your rights?
Within Ontario, the planning and development process is open and transparent, where opinions from all individuals and groups are welcomed. By law, municipalities must hold a public meeting. This meeting is one of your chances to learn about the development proposal and offer your opinions.
Under the legislation governing this development process, which is Section 53 of the Planning Act, you have the following rights:
- Any persons may attend the public meeting and/or make written or verbal representation either in support of or in opposition to the proposed Consent Application.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Municipality before the Consent Application is approved or refused;
a. the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal,
b. the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
- If you wish to be notified of the decision of Council of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre on the proposed Consent Application, you must make a written request to the Planning Division of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at 10227 Ilderton Road, RR #2, Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the planner. For more information about this matter, including information about appeal rights, contact the planner for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at 519-930-1009.
Other Planning Act Applications
If you are aware of any persons affected by these applications who have not received a copy of this notice, it would be appreciated if you would so advise them.
DATED at the Municipality of Middlesex Centre this 29th day of November, 2019.
Municipality of Middlesex Centre
10227 Ilderton Road, RR 2
Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0