NOTICE OF APPLICATION AND PUBLIC MEETING
pursuant to Sections 34 and 53 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, as amended
APPLICATION FOR CONSENT (B-31/19) and ZONING BY-LAW AMENDMENT (ZBA 28-2019)
- OWNER: 1855664 Ontario Ltd.
- AGENT: Jared Dykstra, Zelinka Priamo
- LOCATION: 15476 Plover Mills Road
- ROLL NO.: 393903402006300
The Municipality is seeking input on development applications within 120 metres of your property. The purpose and effect of the Consent Application is to sever a surplus farm residence on a lot with a frontage of approximately 84.1 metres (275 ft) along Plover Mills Road and an area of approximately 0.76 hectares (1.88 ac) from a farm holding with a lot area of approximately 42.1 hectares (104 ac). The purpose and effect of the Zoning By-law Amendment would be to re-zone the farm parcel from Agricultural (A1) to Agricultural-No Residence (A3) and the proposed non-farm parcel from Agricultural (A1) to Surplus Residence (SR) zone.
The subject property is located on the north side of Plover Mills Road and east of Highbury Ave N. The subject property is legally described as Concession 12, South Part Lot 7 (geographic Township of London), Municipality of Middlesex Centre.
Council will hold a public meeting to gather feedback regarding the consent and zoning by-law amendment applications and to consider the proposal. The details are as follows:
- Date: Wednesday December 18th, 2019
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Place: Coldstream Community Centre at 10227 Ilderton Road in Coldstream
What if I can’t attend the future Public Meeting?
You can learn more about the proposed development by contacting the Municipal office, or by visiting the Municipality’s website at the below link. You may choose to submit comments via letter or email.
What can I expect at the Public Meeting?
The public meeting is an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the proposed development. Attendees have the opportunity to hear a brief presentation about the development, ask questions, and/or make statements either in favour of, or in opposition to the development.
The public meeting will take place at a Council meeting and the chair will keep the meeting in order and allow the applicant (or their development team), the public, and Council to speak and ask questions.
Why is this Public Meeting being held and what are your rights?
Within Ontario, the planning and development process is open and transparent, where opinions from all individuals and groups are welcomed. By law, municipalities must hold a public meeting. This meeting is one of your chances to learn about the development proposal and offer your opinions.
Under the legislation governing this development process, which is Sections 34 and 53 of the Planning Act, you have the following rights:
- Any persons may attend the public meeting and/or make written or verbal representation either in support of or in opposition to the proposed Consent Application, or Zoning By-law Amendment.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Municipality before the Consent application and Zoning By-law Amendment applications are approved or refused;
a. the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decisions of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal,
b. the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
- If you wish to be notified of the decision of Council of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre on the proposed zoning by-law amendment, you must make a written request to the Planning Division of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at 10227 Ilderton Road, RR #2, Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0.
In accordance with Section 34(10.4) of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended, the Municipality of Middlesex Centre has deemed this application to be complete for the purposes of Section 34(10.1) and (10.2) of the Planning Act.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the planner. For more information about this matter, including information about appeal rights, contact the planner for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at at 519-434-7321 ext. 2282.
Other Planning Act Applications
If you are aware of any persons affected by these applications who have not received a copy of this notice, it would be appreciated if you would so advise them.
DATED at the Municipality of Middlesex Centre this 28th day of November, 2019.
Municipality of Middlesex Centre
10227 Ilderton Road, RR 2
Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0