NOTICE OF HEARING
pursuant to Section 45 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, as amended
APPLICATION FOR MINOR VARIANCE (A-01/20)
- APPLICANT: Harasym Developments Inc.
- AGENT: Mike Harasym
- LOCATION: 138 Edgewater Boulevard, Komoka
- ROLL NO.: 393900002003868
The Municipality is seeking input on a development application within 60 metres of your property. The purpose and effect of the Application for Minor Variance is to seek relief from the Middlesex Centre Comprehensive Zoning By-law 2005-005 as it relates to the maximum lot coverage of main buildings in the Urban Residential First Density (UR1) Zone. The applicant is requesting a maximum lot coverage of 36.77% for the main building, whereas the Middlesex Centre Comprehensive Zoning By-law 2005-005 permits a maximum lot coverage of 35% for main buildings in the Urban Residential First Density (UR1) Zone. The effect of the proposal is to permit the construction of a single-detached dwelling on the subject land with a floor area of 298.2 m2 (3209 ft2). The subject lands are currently vacant.
The subject property is located on the east side of Edgewater Boulevard and south of Westbrook Drive in village of Komoka. The subject property is legally described as Lot 58, Plan 33M746 (geographic Township of Lobo), Municipality of Middlesex Centre.
Council will hold a public meeting to gather feedback regarding the Minor Variance Application and to consider the proposal. The details are as follows:
- Date: Wednesday January 22, 2020
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Place: Coldstream Community Centre at 10227 Ilderton Road in Coldstream
What if I can’t attend the future Public Meeting?
You can learn more about the proposed development by contacting the Municipal office, or by visiting the Municipality’s website at the below link. You may choose to submit comments via letter or email.
What can I expect at the Public Meeting?
The public meeting is an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the proposed development. Attendees have the opportunity to hear a brief presentation about the development, ask questions, and/or make statements either in favour of, or in opposition to the development.
The public meeting will take place at a Council meeting and the chair will keep the meeting in order and allow the applicant (or their development team), the public, and Council to speak and ask questions.
Why is this Public Meeting being held and what are your rights?
Within Ontario, the planning and development process is open and transparent, where opinions from all individuals and groups are welcomed. By law, municipalities must hold a public meeting. This meeting is one of your chances to learn about the development proposal and offer your opinions.
Under the legislation governing this development process, which is Section 45 of the Planning Act, you have the following rights:
- If you do not attend or are not represented at the Hearing, the Committee may proceed in your absence and you will not be entitled to any further notice of the proceedings. Written comments may be submitted to the Secretary-Treasurer prior to the Hearing. Please note that all written material submitted and verbal comments presented will form part of the public record and will be available for full disclosure.
- Any persons may attend the public meeting and/or make written or verbal representation either in support of or in opposition to the proposed Minor Variance Application.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Municipality before the Minor Variance Application is approved or refused;
a - the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal,
b - the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
- If you wish to be notified of the decision of Council of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre in regards to the proposed Minor Variance Application, you must make a written request to the Planning Division of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at 10227 Ilderton Road, RR #2, Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0.
For more information about this matter, including information about appeal rights, contact the planner for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at 519-434-7321 ext. 2282.
Other Planning Act Applications
If you are aware of any persons affected by these applications who have not received a copy of this notice, it would be appreciated if you would so advise them.
DATED at the Municipality of Middlesex Centre this 23rd day of December, 2019.
Municipality of Middlesex Centre
10227 Ilderton Road, RR 2
Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0