The following information was prepared by the County of Middlesex.
NOTIFICATION OF ROADSIDE WEED SPRAYING WITH HERBICIDES
- COUNTY OF MIDDLESEX
- MUNICIPALITY OF STRATHROY-CARADOC,
- MUNICIPALITY OF ADELAIDE METCALFE, and
- MUNICIPALITY OF MIDDLESEX CENTRE
Notice is hereby given that the above Municipal Road Departments will be spraying for weed control and intend to apply CLEARVIEW Herbicide with active ingredients: Aminopyralid, present as potassium salt (52.5%) and Metsulfuron-Methyl (9.45%) – Registration #29752. GATEWAY Adjuvant with active ingredients: Paraffinic Oil (586 g/L) and Alkoxylated alcohol non-ionic surfactant (242 g/L) – Registration #31470, under the Pest Control Products Act (Canada). Middlesex roadside weed spray is exempt under section 7.1 (2) .4. Uses related to the promotion of public health or safety. During the period from May 10, 2021 to June 30, 2021 the following locations will be sprayed (weather permitting):
(A) COUNTY OF MIDDLESEX - THE RURAL COUNTY ROAD ROADSIDES IN ALL OF OR PORTIONS OF THE FOLLOWING MUNICIPALITIES:
- North Middlesex
- Middlesex Centre
- Southwest Middlesex
- Adelaide Metcalfe
(B) RURAL ROADSIDES IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF STRATHROY-CARADOC:
- Various Township rural roadsides. For more details call collect 519-245-1070.
(C) RURAL ROADSIDES IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MIDDLESEX CENTRE:
- Various Township rural roadsides. For more details call collect 519-666-0190.
(C) RURAL ROADSIDES IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF ADELAIDE METCALFE:
- Various Township rural roadsides. For more details call collect 519-247-3687.
Anyone not wishing to have the roadway sprayed in front of their property, please construct and properly place a “NO SPRAY” sign at the start of your property, and a “Start Spraying” sign at the end of your property.
- County Contact: Ryan Hillinger, Engineering Supervisor (519-930-1001, Ext. 2233), County Engineer’s Office
- Spray Contractor Contact: Trevor Caron, Vegtek (519-809-4812)
More information and maps showing the roads to be sprayed can be found on www.middlesex.ca
Questions regarding this program in Middlesex Centre should be directed to: Rob Cascaden, Director of Public Works and Engineering