The municipality is currently seeking applications for the position of Manager of Finance for up to a 14 month parental leave contract.
As a member of the municipal Corporate Services team, this position is responsible for serving the citizens of Middlesex Centre by administering tax collection, payroll processing and various financial functions and through excellent customer service to the internal and external customer, training and creativity, and representing the municipality as a strong, integrated organization dedicated to providing high quality, viable services. The individual will be responsible for statutory duties required of the Deputy Treasurer under the Municipal Act, 2001.
Please see the job posting and detailed job description for further details.
- University degree in Business, Accounting or related discipline
- CPA designation
- Successful completion of the Municipal Tax Administration Certificate Program of the Ontario Municipal Tax and Revenue Association (OMTRA) is considered an asset
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ progressive experience in municipal tax collection, municipal finance or related field
- Three (3) years’ supervisory experience is required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, PSAB, Municipal Act, Assessment Act and applicable legislation related to municipal finance, taxation and reporting requirements
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving and decision making skills
- An aptitude for managing multiple priorities, the ability to communicate with competing audiences as well as great management skills
- Class G Driver’s license in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business
- Demonstrated ability to use computer systems, financial/taxation software and process to perform duties (e.g. accounting software, Microsoft Office Products, online services, etc.)