It's a big year for Middlesex Centre, as we embark on reviewing two key guiding documents for the municipality:
- Our Strategic Plan, which sets out overarching community priorities for the municipality over the next five years, and
- Our Official Plan, which guides where and how growth and development will occur.
Hearing from you!
A big part of both plans is seeking public input, to understand how residents, community groups, and businesses envision Middlesex Centre in the future. Similarly, we are looking for your thoughts on the municipality's 2021 budget.
In response to COVID-19, traditional public open houses and face-to-face meetings are being replaced with other opportunities to gather your comments. In the coming weeks, we'll be sharing details further details on how you can get involved through:
- Survey - To get your insights, we are developing a survey that will be mailed to a random selection of residents and made available for all on the website. Please see the link below.
- Small Group Meetings - The project consultants will meet via web meeting or over the phone with local community groups, agencies, and businesses.
- Written Comments - Residents, community groups, and businesses are welcome to submit written comments.
- Presentations to Council - In the case of the Official Plan Review, those wishing to may present their thoughts to a special meeting of council.
Some of the opportunities above will gather information for both plans and the budget at the same time, while others will be specific to one process or another.
For more information on any of these projects, including contact information, please see their individual pages: