The next municipal election will be held Monday, October 24, 2022.
The previous municipal election was held on October 22, 2018 and under the Municipal Elections Act, the four-year term of office for the current council and school board trustees began December 1, 2018, and ends November 14, 2022.
- Confirming your Information on the Voters List
If you are a resident, owner or tenant of property in Ontario, a Canadian citizen, at least 18 years old and not legally prohibited from voting, you can vote in Ontario’s municipal and school board elections.
By logging into voterlookup.ca, eligible electors can:
- confirm or update their electoral information,
- add an elector name to an address, and
- change school support.
voterlookup.ca is easy to use. To log in, all you need is your property address or assessment roll number and your full name and date of birth.
You can also call the Voter Lookup Contact Centre at 1-866-296-6722.
The Voter Look-up site is owned and managed by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC).
- Voting Method for 2022
Municipality of Middlesex Centre Council approved the use of telephone and electronic voting for 2022, the same format as used by Middlesex Centre in 2018.
More information on how to vote will be provided closer to the election.
- Important Dates for the 2022 Election
Nomination Period for Candidates:
- May 2, 2022 to August 18, 2022 (8:30am to 4:30pm Mon-Fri, excl. holidays); and
- Nomination Day: Friday, August 19, 2022 (9:00am to 2:00pm)
Third Party Advertising Registration Period:
- May 2, 2022 to October 21, 2022 (8:30am to 4:30pm)
"Lame Duck" Period (If Applicable):
Related to the Municipal Election - Section 275 of the Municipal Act, 2001 states that if less than 75% of incumbent councillors seek re-election, the Council for a municipality is restricted from passing any by-law that allocates spending of more than $50,000.00 or creates a liability for the municipality greater than $50,000. This is known as a "lame duck" council.
- August 19, 2022 at 2pm to November 14, 2022 at 11:59pm
Preliminary List of Electors Released to the Public:
- September 1, 2022
Voting Period for Electors:
- Advanced Voting Period: Monday, October 17, to Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Election Day: Monday, October 24, 2022
Term of New Council:
- November 15, 2022 to November 14, 2026
Ending of Campaigns:
- Last date for any candidate and third party campaigning: January 3, 2023
- Candidate and Third Party Financial Reporting Deadline: March 31, 2023 at 2:00pm
- Late Candidate and Third Party Financial Reporting (subject to $500 late filing fee): May 1, 2023 at 2:00pm
- Interested in Running for Council?
The Nomination Period begins May 2, 2022. Additional information and forms will be available prior to that date.
- If you are interested running for Council and would like to be added to the list to receive election information updates, please contact the Municipal Clerk.
The Association of Ontario Municipalities is a great resource for prospective candidates. AMO has a number of resources on how local government works and what it is like to serve on a municipal council.
Check back for updates as the election approaches.