In 2020, we are revising our Strategic Plan, a key guiding document that sets out overarching community priorities for the municipality over the next five years.
We want to hear from you!
Charting future directions for Middlesex Centre, both as a municipality and as a community, is BIG! We want to get it right. That means listening to you…
- What do you see as our most important opportunities over the next 5 + years?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges we face, now and in the future?
- What steps should we be taking to seize those opportunities and address those challenges?
Throughout the strategic planning process, we will update this special page on our website. Here you will post our schedule of strategic planning activities, reports to Council, and drafts of our plan.
Have your Say
Our initial timelines and outreach plans have been modified in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we hope you will still be able to find a way to share your thoughts on where our community is heading.
- Electronic Input - At any time, we welcome your input via email. Every idea will be read and considered.
- Public Meetings - We are currently looking at revised options for holding public meetings.
- Community Organizations - During the summer, our consultants will meet with a wide variety of local boards, committees, community associations, and civic organizations. We are committed to keeping these boards and organizations "in the loop" as our strategic planning proceeds. The consultants will also consult with a number of relevant agencies and government departments (such as Middlesex County officials).
- Surveys - As part of the process, two surveys were circulated from mid-July to mid-August, 2020:
- In order to gather a statistically reliable view of the public's priorities, one survey was sent by mail to a random sample of Middlesex Centre residents.
In order encourage a diversity of opinion and ideas, an electronic version of the survey was open to all residents.
Thank you to everyone that took the time to complete the surveys! We'll be putting together a report on the survey results. When completed, it will be shared on this page. We anticipate the results to be ready by October.
Putting it all Together
In September 2020, armed with a wealth of input from what we will have heard from you and others, Council will start putting pen to paper. A first draft of a possible “to-do” list for Middlesex Centre's next 5 years will be available for public comment. We want to get it right. We want to reflect what our residents and businesses think we should do, can afford to do, and will most benefit from.
Get On Board!
Most importantly, when we get it right, not just Council and staff, but also our committees, community organizations, neighbours, and local businesses will get on board. In a great place like ours, we’re all in this together. If we are all rowing in the same direction, we can make great things happen!