The development of our new Strategic Plan has been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please stay tuned for updates.
We want to hear from you!
Charting future directions for Middlesex Centre, both as a municipality and as a community, is BIG! We want to get it right. That means listening to you…
- What do you see as our most important opportunities over the next 5 + years?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges we face, now and in the future?
- What steps should we be taking to seize those opportunities and address those challenges?
Throughout the strategic planning process (March-September 2020), we will update this special page on our website. Here you will post our schedule of strategic planning activities, reports to Council, and drafts of our plan.
Have your Say
- Electronic Input - At any time, we welcome your input via email. Every idea will be read and considered.
- Facebook - Throughout the spring of 2020, we will post a specific question each week on our Facebook page, the kind of questions Council has to ask itself. We look forward to your thoughtful feedback.
- Public Meetings - In April, residents will be invited to one of four public open houses to discuss the future of Middlesex Centre, particularly those three key questions above. Look for notices on our website, Facebook, and in the newspaper. Then in the summer, you will be invited to four open houses again, this time to get your feedback on Council's preliminary proposals for priorities and actions for the 2020-2025 period.
- Community Organizations - Our consultants will meet during April and May 2020 with a wide variety of local boards, committees, community associations, and civic organizations. We are committed to keeping these boards and organizations "in the loop" as our strategic planning proceeds. The consultants will also consult with a number of relevant agencies and government departments (such as Middlesex County officials).
- Surveys - As part of the process, two surveys will be conducted. In order to gather a statistically reliable view of the public's priorities, one survey will be sent to a random sample of Middlesex Centre residents. In order encourage a diversity of opinion and ideas, another electronic survey will also be open to any resident. The more responses we receive, the more meaningful and accurate results. Please watch for it!
Putting it all Together
In June 2020, armed with a wealth of input from what we will have heard from you and others, Council will start putting pen to paper. A first draft of a possible “to-do” list for Middlesex Centre's next 5 years will be available for public comment. We want to get it right. We want to reflect what our residents and businesses think we should do, can afford to do, and will most benefit from.
Get On Board!
Most importantly, when we get it right, not just Council and staff, but also our committees, community organizations, neighbours, and local businesses will get on board. In a great place like ours, we’re all in this together. If we are all rowing in the same direction, we can make great things happen!