December brings new opportunities for snowy fun at Middlesex Centre parks!
As we move into the winter season, please note:
- Middlesex Centre parks offer tobogganing hills at Caverhill, Deerhaven Optimist, Delaware Lions, Douglas B. Weldon, and Westbrook parks.
- Playground equipment should not be used if wet or snow/ice covered.
- Tennis and pickleball courts nets will be removed in December or at first significant snowfall. Courts are closed for the winter.
- The back parking lot of Douglas B. Weldon Park is closed for the winter. The front lot is available from 5:00 am to 8:30 pm.
- The paved portion of the Ilderton Rail Trail from Junction Park to the Fire Hall will be cleared again this winter. (It will be cleared after roads and sidewalks, which have priority.)
- Walking trails in Komoka Park are not maintained in the winter.