- Agendas for the Middlesex Centre Council meetings are posted the Friday prior to the meeting. Please see below.
- Unless otherwise stated in the agenda, meetings are held at the municipal office.
- Note: If you are having difficulty opening the agenda in Internet Explorer, please try using Google Chrome.
- Meeting agendas, minutes and reports from 2016 to 2019 are available on the website. For copies of older agendas and minutes, please contact the Municipal Clerk.
- If you are submitting correspondence to Council or Committees, your name may be included on the agenda and published on the municipal website. Your name and address may be included in meeting agenda/minutes if necessary to identify the issue to be considered by Council.
NOTICE - Virtual Council and Planning Meetings
- In response to the physical distancing requirements associated with COVID-19, Middlesex Centre Council Meetings are being held virtually (online) at this time. We broadcast virtual meetings on the municipality's YouTube channel.
- Apologies, we experienced technical issues with the YouTube broadcast of the May 27, 2020, council meeting. We hope to post a recording of the meeting shortly.
- Please see below for information on participating in virtual council or planning meetings.
- Council Meeting Dates
Please refer to the meeting agenda (above) for the start time, as they are subject to change. Special meetings may be added in regularly scheduled meetings. Public notice is given for any special meetings.
Unless otherwise stated in the agenda, meetings are held at the municipal office.
**Meetings may be cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19. Please see the upcoming meeting list above for the most up-to-date listing.
The first meeting of the month at 9:30 a.m. and the second meeting of the month (the planning/public meeting) at 6:00 p.m. Please see agenda for start times, as they are subject to change.
- January 8, 2020 and January 22, 2020
- February 5, 2020 and February 19, 2020
- March 11, 2020 and March 25, 2020
- April 15, 2020 (cancelled due to COVID-19) and April 29, 2020
- May 13, 2020 and May 27, 2020
- June 10, 2020 and June 24, 2020
- July 15, 2020 and August 12, 2020
- September 9, 2020 and September 23, 2020
- October 14, 2020 and October 28, 2020
- November 12, 2020 and November 25, 2020
- December 16, 2020
- Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest
The Municipal Conflict of Interest Act requires Members of Council to declare any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in relation to a matter under consideration. A pecuniary interest in a matter is one where there is a reasonable likelihood or expectation of financial loss or gain of the Member or related persons as per the Act. The onus is on the member to determine whether they are affected by the pecuniary interest provisions. All members must submit their disclosures of pecuniary interest in writing to the Clerk immediately following the meeting during which they verbally disclose a pecuniary interest using the Disclosure of Pecuniary Interest Form.
Changes to the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act require municipalities to maintain a registry of all declarations made under this Act, as of March 1, 2019. The registry must include the original written declaration provided by the member of Council and must be available to the public.
The registry, including the forms submitted by Members of Council will be available by following the link below and will be updated following a Council meeting where an interest is declared.
Additional details can be obtained from the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act. R.S.O. 1990, c.M.50.
- Delegations & Presentations to Council
Delegation requests along with the reason and purpose of the delegation request must be made to the Clerk at least 10 business days prior to the meeting in writing or via email. The Clerk reserves the right to designate the request to the appropriate meeting upon review of the request.
Council agendas are generally finalized the Friday prior to the Council meeting.
How to make a Delegation
- Submit your request along with the reason and purpose of the delegation or presentation to the Clerk’s Office.
- Provide a copy of the materials to be used in your presentation, if any, to the Clerk for the official record of the municipality at least 5 business days in advance of the Council meeting to be included on the agenda.
- At the Council meeting, introduce yourself and any other presenters by stating your name and address prior to speaking and or the organization you are speaking on behalf.
We are pleased to provide you with some information that will help make your presentation to Council and/or committees effective. It is necessary to follow certain procedures to ensure that your presentation/delegation is seen and heard by the Council/Committee Members and the audience at the meeting.
How can I speak at a Council or Committee Meeting?
If you wish to make a presentation to Council or Committee at a regularly scheduled meeting, please submit your request to the Clerk at least 10 business days before the meeting you wish to attend.
How will I know if I am listed to speak?
The Clerk will contact you prior to the approval of the agenda to provide notice that your request will be listed on the agenda.
How long may I speak?
Delegations or presentations are allotted a maximum of up to 10 minutes to address the members according to the municipality's Procedural By-law. If there is a large group requesting to speak it is recommended and more effective if one spokesperson speaks on behalf of the group.
What is the procedure?
All comments are directed through the Meeting Chair. Members of Council or Committee may, through the Chair, direct a response or question where appropriate. No more than one person shall speak at one time and at all times proper language, speech and decorum shall be maintained at all times. The Chair may direct that any person in violation of proper decorum be expelled from the meeting.
What happens after I speak?
After you have spoken and answered any questions please return to your seat to allow Members of Council to debate the issue and make their decision or defer a decision pending additional information. You are not required to remain for the entire meeting duration; you may leave after your issue has been dealt with by Council.
Where can I get a copy of the meeting agenda?
Copies of the Council and Committee agendas are available on the Middlesex Centre website. Please see below.
Disclaimer: All information submitted will be considered to be public information and therefore subject to disclosure under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Participating in Virtual Council and Planning Meetings
In response to the physical distancing requirements associated with COVID-19, Middlesex Centre Council Meetings are being held virtually (on-line) at this time.
We broadcast electronic meetings on the municipality's YouTube channel.
Delegations at Virtual Meetings
If you wish to be a delegate at a virtual Council meeting, contact the Municipal Clerk for details. The general rules associated with being a delegate can be found above. You will receive additional information about the requirements to be a "virtual" delegate.
Participating in Virtual Planning Meetings
Although meetings to discuss planning matters are being held online at this time, public input continues to be welcomed. To participate in an electronic planning meeting:
Learn more about proposed developments, which may be found under Public Notices.
If you wish to speak about a proposed development before council:
- To participate in the virtual meeting via phone or by video online using Zoom, contact planning staff (via email), before 4:30 p.m. on the Monday prior to the meeting.
- Provide your name, phone number and agenda item number(s) you wish to speak to.
- Municipal staff will provide details to join the meeting.
If you wish to provide written comments about a proposed development:
- To provide a written submission prior to the public meeting for Council’s consideration, send your comments to planning staff (via email) or by mail to the municipal office.
- Comments must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the Monday prior to the meeting.
If you wish to watch the meeting, you may do so on the municipality's YouTube channel.