With a steady growth rate projected in the next 20 years, Middlesex Centre is a growing municipality ready to welcome both residents and businesses to a sustainable and liveable community.
Why consider Middlesex Centre?
- Middlesex Centre is one of the fastest growing communities in the London, Ontario region.
- Middlesex Centre has consistently maintained low and competitive tax rates since its amalgamation in 1998.
- In an effort to be more efficient and encourage more business and development, Middlesex Centre is streamlining the process through simplified forms and shorter wait times. Experienced municipal staff are available to answer and assist with any questions regarding opening a new business, relocating or expanding an existing one.
- Middlesex Centre has identified preferred development locations for industrial/light industrial. They are Ilderton and Kilworth/Komoka as a future target for industrial economic development.
- Middlesex Centre’s proximity to border crossings and the London International Airport, along with excellent highway access provides for easy access to the London regional market as well as Toronto, Sarnia/Port Huron and Windsor/Detroit.
- As Middlesex Centre’s population continues to grow, so too does its highly educated and available workforce.
- Available Real Estate
- The County of Middlesex "Invest in Middlesex" page offers a searchable database of available commercial & industrial properties across Middlesex County. Searches can be narrowed to Middlesex Centre. If you would like to list a property through this database, please contact the municipality.
- Business Directory
The County of Middlesex "Invest in Middlesex" page offers a business directory across Middlesex County. You can register your business to be included in the directory by clicking on the Invest in Middlesex site.
- Local Business Associations
- Community Improvement Plan
Middlesex Centre's Community Improvement Plan (CIP) encourages rehabilitation and redevelopment across the municipality. Through the CIP, funding is available to local businesses in the form of grants and reimbursements.
Please see the CIP page for more details.
- Small Business & Entrepreneurial Assistance
The Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) Business Help Centre offers a range of small business supports, including:
- Business Consulting & Planning
- Small Business Financing
- Community Economic Development
- Studies and Reports
Local Business Testimonials
Here are just a few of the businesses that call Middlesex Centre home! Videos are provided courtesy of Invest in Middlesex.
Annie's Chocolates, Kilworth, Ontario
Arva Flour Mill - Arva, Ontario
Stewart Overhead Doors - Delaware, Ontario
Dairy Lane Systems - Lobo, Ontario
BJ's Country Market - Delaware, Ontario
Coldstream Concrete - Coldstream, Ontario