With a steady growth rate projected in the next 20 years, Middlesex Centre is a growing municipality ready to welcome both residents and businesses to a sustainable and liveable community.
Why consider Middlesex Centre?
- Middlesex Centre is one of the fastest growing communities in the London, Ontario region.
- Middlesex Centre has consistently maintained low and competitive tax rates since its amalgamation in 1998. Residential taxes have maintained a steady rate, while commercial and industrial taxes declined.
- In an effort to be more efficient and encourage more business and development, Middlesex Centre is streamlining the process through simplified forms and shorter wait times. Experienced municipal staff is available to answer and assist with any questions regarding opening a new business, relocating or expanding an existing one.
- Middlesex Centre has identified preferred development locations for industrial/light industrial. They are Ilderton and Kilworth/Komoka as a future target for industrial economic development.
- Middlesex Centre’s proximity to border crossings and the London International Airport, along with excellent highway access provides for easy access to the London regional market as well as Toronto, Sarnia/Port Huron and Windsor/Detroit.
- As Middlesex Centre’s population continues to grow, so too does its highly educated and available workforce.
- Available Real Estate
- The County of Middlesex "Invest in Middlesex" page offers a searchable database of available commercial & industrial properties across Middlesex County. Searches can be narrowed to Middlesex Centre. If you would like to list a property through this database, please contact the municipality.
- Business Directory
The County of Middlesex "Invest in Middlesex" page offers a business directory across Middlesex County. You can register your business to be included in the directory by clicking on the Invest in Middlesex site.
- Local Business Associations
- Ilderton Community Improvement Plan
In 2013, Middlesex Centre Council adopted the Ilderton Community Improvement Plan (CIP) to encourage rehabilitation and redevelopment within the downtown core of Ilderton.
CIP Grant - 2019 Intake 2
A new application window for 2019 is now open.
For the 2019 CIP applications, successful applicants will receive 50% of project costs, up to a maximum project cost of $10,000. Therefore, the maximum grant the municipality will be allocating to one project is $5,000.
Monies will be distributed to approved projects upon completion of project.
Eligible façade and signage improvements include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of barrier‐free access
- Installation of new signs and replacement of existing signs
- Painting, cleaning and restoration of exterior, including masonry work
- Repairs to windows and doors
- Roof work
- Replacement of exterior architectural features
- Installation and replacement of exterior lighting
- Alterations to awnings and other entrance features
- Professional design services that are necessary to undertake eligible work also qualify for the grant program.
Intake 2 Application Dates
- November 11 - Applications for Intake 2 made available to CIP stakeholders
- November 11 to 22 - Period for consultation with stakeholders and municipality
- November 28 - Due Date for Intake 2 Applications - 2019
- December 2 to 5 - Review Applications & Follow-up
- December 18 - Council for final approval
- December 31 - Projects must be complete deadline (unless otherwise noted during application process)
Application Forms & Background Information
- Small Business & Entrepreneurial Assistance
The Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) Business Help Centre offers a range of small business supports, including:
- Business Consulting & Planning
- Small Business Financing
- Community Economic Development
Local Business Testimonials
Here are just a few of the businesses that call Middlesex Centre home! Videos are provided courtesy of Invest in Middlesex.
Arva Flour Mill - Arva, Ontario
Stewart Overhead Doors - Delaware, Ontario
Dairy Lane Systems - Lobo, Ontario
BJ's Country Market - Delaware, Ontario
Coldstream Concrete - Coldstream, Ontario
JPW Systems - Kilworth, Ontario