The 9-hole Weldon Park Disc Golf course offers fun for the whole family.
Played like traditional golf, disc golf involves throw flying discs at a basket (the "hole"). The object of the game is to complete the 9-hole course from beginning to end in the fewest number of throws of the disc.
- About the Course
The Weldon Park course starts across from the parking lot by the playground. As you play, the course takes you around the ponds through grassy meadows and trees.
- The course is free of charge and suitable for all ages.
- Discs are not provided. Players often use Frisbees as a substitute.
- The course map can be found at the start of the course.
- A digital course map and scorecard is available using the "udisc" app, which can be downloaded from your preferred app store.
- Course Distances
Hole (Basket) Distance (m) Par 1 76 3 2 134 4 3 58 3 4 62 3 5 69 3 6 109 3 7 65 3 8 84 3 9 73 3
- Course Rules
- The disc golf course is open from dawn until dusk.
- Never throw into a blind area or when players, spectators, or other park users are within range.
- Observe all posted rules.
- Please take care of trees and plants. Pick up any litter.
- No alcoholic beverages, smoking or vaping (e-cigarettes).
- Keep noise levels down.
- Pets must be on a leash. Pick up after your pets.
- How to Play Disc Golf
- Start from the teeing area. Players must throw from behind the front of the teeing area.
- Subsequent throws are played from behind the spot where the previous throw came to rest. This spot is known as the “lie”. If your disc comes to rest in a tree or bush, the lie is the spot on the ground directly below.
- A run-up and follow through are allowed, but the player must release the disc before stepping past the lie.
- A “putt” is a throw from within 10 metres of the target. When putting you may not step past your lie before establishing your balance. The hole is completed when the disc comes to rest in the basket or chains. The hole is not completed if the disc is resting on the top of the target.
- If a throw goes out of bounds, play from either the last in-bounds location with a 1-throw penalty or re-tee with 1-throw penalty.
- All ponds, roads, and the tall grass near Richmond Street are out of bounds.
- Please let faster groups play through.
We would like to thank the Optimist Club of Arva for their support of the Weldon Disc Golf Course!
If your organization would like to sponsor a disk golf hole, please contact Kent Ferguson of Middlesex Centre's Community Services department.
21466 Richmond St
London ON N5X 4B2